Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Limits of Minsky’s Financial Instability Hypothesis as an Explanation of the Crisis - Monthly Review

An interesting article - which I have not fully digested yet, and so am not ready to provide a complete, fully-commented blog entry about... yet.
But it seemes important enough to share ahead of time...

The teaser here is how it speaks about icome and wealth inequality as driving factors of economic instability/stagnation... topics that I have had gnawing, gut-level concerns about, but for which I have as yet been unable to find a convincing explanatory theory. Do the New Marxists (Foster and McChesney), SSA theorists (Kotz) and "Structural" Keynesians have it right? [shudder] I don't know, and my unfiltered immediate reaction is to shy away from anything called "New Marxist"... but maybe I've got to open my eyes wider?

The Limits of Minsky’s Financial Instability Hypothesis as an Explanation of the Crisis - Monthly Review

No comments:

Post a Comment